Shrubs over 1 m
Shrubs abound in Australia, ranging from low ground hugging ones to those up to 6 metres tall. All have multiple woody stems.
This section focuses on those in the range of 1 to 6 metres tall, which form the bulk of the mid layer of the garden. Such shrubs have multiple uses in the garden:
- Anchoring a house into the landscape
- Acting as a hedge or screen
- Screening sections of the garden to create room or creating privacy
- As accent plants with their interesting forms
- Mass planted for high impact
- As habitat for birds, particularly small ones, and other creatures
Currently, there are over 510 shrubs profiled in this category. Click on each picture to go to a more detailed profile.