The Summer 2020/21 issue of Australian Plants was mailed to members and subscribers in mid January 2021. Members of the Australian Plants Society NSW receive Australian Plants four times a year as part of their membership.
The Summer issue is the second issue commemorating the 250th anniversary of the Endeavour voyage: 1770–2020. Titled ‘Along the east coast of Australia’, it was produced by Lawrie Smith AM of Native Plants Queensland. It has articles on:
- Introduction by Lawrie Smith AM
- A botanical endeavour by Tony Roberts
- North around Point Danger by Kate Heffernan
- The botanical encounters garden by Dale Arvidsson
- The Glass House Mountains by Jan Sked
- Sailing past the Sunshine Coast by Michael Gillies
- Bustard Bay and Round Hill Head by Brent Braddick
- Birds, butterflies and mosquitos, but no water! by John Elliott
- Across Broad Sound to the Whitsundays by Donna Jackson
- Still searching for refreshment by John Elliott
- Late afternoon landing at Cape Grafton by Robert Jago
- The Endeavour River – June 18 to August 5 by Tony Roberts
- Cape York and beyond by Lawrie Smith AM
- Gathering plants and naval intelligence at Botany Bay by Margaret Cameron-Ash.
Read about the previous issue here.
Non-members can subscribe to Australian Plants. Annual subscription (four issues) is $30 including postage. Overseas subscription is A$45.
Online payment is now available here.
Contact: Subscription Officer, PO Box 3066, Bowenfels NSW 2790
Limited supplies of recently published past issues are available for $5 per issue plus $2 postage in Australia. Email firstname.lastname@example.org